Where Will You Go?|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 11 most recent journal entries recorded in
Where Will You Go?'s LiveJournal:
|Saturday, May 28th, 2005|
Click on the picture:
|Tuesday, March 29th, 2005|
Does anyone know a good diet?
I made a mistake last night. I bet my best friend that I could lose 40 lbs in the next 2 months. Now for some people that doesn't seem unreasonable, but for me it kinda does. Myself I'm 5'10" 215 lbs white male. I have like zero matabalizem. SO it doesn't matter if I eat healthy or not, or if I excercize or not I don't lose anything. The only time I ever lost weight was when I was living with my ex and didn't eat for like 4 months and even then I only lost 15 lbs. And of course got it all back the moment I moved back home.
Oh, and the downside to the bet... for every pound over that I am I have to pay him $10. So if I lose nothing, I have to pay him $400. If I lose 35 lbs, I have to pay him $50.
So, if anyone has any ideas, success stories, etc. please resond.
|Tuesday, March 15th, 2005|
I found this in the gaystr8alliance community...It's great.
Why gay marriages won't work...
1. homosexuality is not natural, much like polyester, eyeglasses, and birth control.
2. heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. infertile couples and old people can't legally marry because the world needs more children.
3. obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
4. straight marriages will be less meaningful if gay marriage is allowed, since britney's 55 hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.
5. heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are property, blacks can't marry whites, and divorce is illegal.
6. gay marriage should be decided by the people and not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.
7. gay marriage is not supported by religion. in a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion is imposed on the entire country. that's why we have only one religion in the united states.
8. gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging out with tall people will make you tall.
9. legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. people may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage certificate.
10. children can never succeed without a male and female role model in the home. that is why single parents are forbidden to raise children.
11. gay marriage will change the foundation of society. heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to things like cars and longer lifespans.
12. civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. separate schools for african-americans worked just as well as separate marriages for gays and lesbians will. Current Mood: amused
|Wednesday, January 26th, 2005|
Check out the interests for the community, I added some. Please somehow give feedback, I think I should add more, or maybe some of you are opposed to some of them...
Oh yeah, thanks to the two new members :P Current Mood: chipper
|Thursday, January 13th, 2005|
I told Saira about the book you got for Christmas, Kevin. She was surprised, lol. I heard that people actually have to buy it for a certain history class here at school. Some people said they don't mind it because they think it's interesting. Current Mood: chipper
|Monday, December 13th, 2004|
I found this interesting website about bisexuality:http://www.religioustolerance.org/bisexuality.htm
I thought it was really interesting because someone suggested that sexuality is a scale, on which 0 is completely heterosexual and 6 is completely homosexual. Everything in between is varying degrees of bisexuality.
I think there are also links on this page to a site about sexual orientation in general. Current Mood: stupid paper!
|Thursday, December 2nd, 2004|
Right! I remembered what I forgot about the previous entry. It wasn't a third theory, I'm not sure if there was another one. But I guess I was just gonna say something. I actually don't understand my own theory :\. I guess I don't know enough about genetics, because if there was a homosexual gene, what would it determine? Does the gene actually contain information for a body to naturally release hormones, or whatever happens when somebody feels an attraction to someone, when they see an attractive person of the same gender? Or, does it contain information of exactly which gender to be attracted to? Is homosexuality a single trait, or is lesbianism different from gayness? And then, what about bisexuals? What determines whether one is bisexual or not? Is that yet a different trait? Is it the same trait as homosexuality, but just developed differently? Leave an entry, or at least a comment. Current Mood: In my field of paper flowers..
|Wednesday, November 24th, 2004|
I think I have a theory now, about homosexuality. It's really a combination of 3 different, valid, scientific theories. I read the genetic theory (I'll refer to it as that), but it didn't make sense for lesbians. The theory is that the homosexual trait is passed through the X chromosomes, and that makes sense, because there are more gays than lesbians. Girls need to have two X chromo's (sorry about the shortenings) w/ the homogene (sorry again). That would mean that the father needs to be homosexual, because one of these X's comes from the father, and the father has only one x chromo, so only one gene determines his sexuality. But I know of lesbians with heterosexual fathers?! I went on to the next theory. It was talking about mutations. It was saying that sexuality is determined in some stage of the fetus. Maybe there is some condition that causes this trait to come about by mutation. That might make sense, because maybe the mother is a carrier of the homogene, and the father is heterosexual also, so the daughter has one homogene, and simply develops another. If this is true, the conditions in which this mutation occurs must be very common, since just about every animal has developed this trait. There was something else....The third theory, but I forgot. Well, if you have anything to add, post another entry. PLEASE POST ENTRIES!! this community is dying (still don't know how to spell that word). Please continue the treatise if you oppose anything stated. Current Mood: indescribable
|Saturday, November 20th, 2004|
Yeah, the post before this one, I should mention that number 3.) does not refer to a sexual relationship, and number 6.) should say homosexual therapy.
I would answer these questions like this:
1.) Never, it is not a choice, and I'm currently asexual.
2.) Yes, they did not choose to be that way.
4.) They cannot change, it is genetic.
5.) Because it is a genetic trait that has developed in several species.
6.) Homosexuals can't change, therefore therapy is pointless.
7.) None, that would be rude to try.
8.) Because females may carry the gene, and pass it down.
9.) Genetics have nothing to do with race, religion or background.
10.) Homosexuality is not perversion.
If anyone feels differently about this topic, feel free to continue the treatise ;-). Current Mood: weird
|Friday, November 12th, 2004|
Is homosexuality a choice? Answer these ten questions.
Kevin had this in his personal livejournal, and I thought it was interesting and appropriate for this community:
If you think homosexuality is a sin/choice, answer these questions to yourself:
1. At what age did you choose heterosexuality?
2. Have you ever asked a homosexual whether he/she has chosen to be that way?
3. Do you have any strong relationships (not necessarily sexual) with homosexuals?
4. Why do homosexuals commit suicide rather than "change back"?
5. Why is homosexuality found in almost every species of animal?
6. Why is the success rate of homosexual therapy less than 0.001%?
7. How many homosexuals have you "changed"?
8. Why is homosexuality seemingly passed down through families?
9. Why is 10% of the population openly homosexual, regardless of background?
10. If homosexuality is "perversion", why isn't prostitution also found in every culture, including Native American, Asian, African, European, etc.?
I hoped that had some miniscule affect to lessen the hatred towards homosexuals. Current Mood: It's too noisy to sleep.
|Tuesday, November 9th, 2004|
This community is for people who don't feel like they fit in, whether it be your community, your school, your family, or anywhere else. If you feel rejected by people for the simple fact that you're a bit different from those around you, this community is for you. It is geared toward open-mindedness and acceptance of all people, and is named after the Evanescence song, "Where Will You Go?" The community is based on these lyrics:
"I'm so sick of speaking words that no one understands. Is it clear enough that you can't live your whole life all alone? I can hear you when you whisper, but you can't even hear me screaming."